With action underway at the premiere 2016 ICF Canoe Sprint World Cup in Duisburg, Germany we’ve taken a look back at the form book and provided you with a series of facts and figures.
Five race winners at the 2012 World Cup event in Duisburg went on to win gold at the London 2012 Olympic Games in the same event:
– Edward McKeever (GBR) in K1M 200m
– Danusia Kozák (HUN) in K1W 500m
– Alexander Dyachenko/Yury Postrigay (RUS) in K2M 200m
– Franziska Weber/Tina Dietze (GER) in K2W 500m
– Sebastian Brendel (GER) in C1M 1000m
Laurence Vincent-Lapointe (CAN) is the only athlete to have won the last five races in Duisburg in a specific event, having won C1W 200m in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 (World Championships) and 2015. She hasn’t travelled to Germany this time round, instead Vincent-Lapointe will contest her continental championships.